Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1/21

A misguided attempt to start writing jokes based on Slate magazine articles:

1. These days, it’s very easy for me to replicate my favorite restaurant dish at home. Step 1: Pour water into a glass. Step Two: Drink water while watching video of someone else eating. Step Three: Put a ketchup bottle in my pocket and leave the room.

2. This photography book by Frank was much more popular than his first one, “America Obscured by Left Thumb”.

3. Obama is actually the 44th individual to be president, because Grover Cleveland was replaced by an alien double in 1890. This is who became the 24th president.

4. The reason everyone was so drunk at the Arizona State Society ball is that they booked it before the election, and now they’re using it for a wake.

5. I like the campaigns by food companies that say for every lid/wrapper/box I mail in, they will donate money to a cause. But they already know that I bought their product. So instead of contributing from the money that I paid, now I have to perform this completely useless task (though admittedly, it does keep postal workers off the streets - or on the streets - you know what I mean).

No comments:

Post a Comment