Monday, September 1, 2008

9/1

1. Did you hear that Sarah Palin’s 17-year-old daughter is pregnant? If not, I can understand, since they announced it during a HURRICANE! “Oh my god, we have to put aside politics and just help the people of Louisiana! [cough] Oh, and my 17-year-old daughter is pregnant.” She plans to keep the baby and marry the father. I hear one of her bridesmaids is going to be Jamie Spears. So I guess the only real problem social conservatives had with the movie “Juno” is that it wasn’t spelled “Juneau”.

2. Just before Joe Biden visited Scranton, Pennsylvania, the Obama campaign released an ad that said: “Scranton is a place that never leaves you. It becomes part of your heart.” Specifically the right ventricle, where all that pizza and beer make sure that YOU never leave Scranton either.

3. Barack Obama’s acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium was the top-rated program on TV last week. Unfortunately, that’s only because 10 million viewers thought it was a halftime show.

4. The prime minister of Japan has suddenly resigned. Isn’t it amazing how quickly you can do that in other countries? Apparently, he’s 72 years old, and he was worried about maybe having to bow to John McCain. However, he didn’t say when the resignation would actually take effect. That’s convenient. I’ve had relationships like that. We’re broken up, but… you’re still living here and we’re still going out together and I’m helping your parents move. So, by “breaking up”, you apparently just meant we’re not having sex anymore. I don’t know if I’m cool with this.

5. A new study shows that having an e-mail address beginning with certain letters can cause you to get far more spam mail than other people. For example, if you have an e-mail address beginning with the word “V-I-A-G-R-A”.

No comments:

Post a Comment