Monday, September 22, 2008

9/22

1. This weekend, the last two big investment banks on Wall Street changed to commercial banks, so now [happy voice] regular people can open accounts there! Wonderful! Show of hands, how many people here want to do that? Do they think people are reading the news, going: “Oh yeah, give me a piece of that! Now these are the people who should have my money!” And hey, what about that $700 billion we just gave you? Wasn’t that enough? The least you could do is give us all toasters.

2. So this $700 billion bailout plan for Wall Street is going to be completely run by the Secretary of the Treasury, Henry Paulson. $700 billion of taxpayer money in the hands of a single man who didn‘t earn it. You know what they call that in Washington? Lunch.

3. The price of oil had it’s biggest one-day price jump ever today. Great, I was hoping for that $700 billion maybe I’d get a free tank of gas. After getting screwed, I like to at least get a ride home.

4. A new study shows that sexist men earn a lot more money than non-sexist men. So when I went into my boss’s office today for a raise, I said: “These damn women today want too much! It should be a man‘s world!” I didn’t get the raise, though, because my boss is a woman. That part wasn’t in the study.

5. Scientists have discovered that smelling roses while you’re asleep can inspire happier dreams. That explains why married women don’t get much sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment