Friday, October 24, 2008

10/24

1. The new leader of the far right in Austria said that its recently deceased leader was “the man of his life” and they had a “special relationship”. What does it say about the U.S. that in Europe our politicians would be less sensitive than neo-Nazis?

2. It’s now been revealed that the Republicans have spent $150,000 on Sarah Palin’s wardrobe. However, they then said that the clothing would go to a “charitable purpose” after the campaign. Yeah, because if there’s anything I hear homeless people complain about, it’s not enough high heels. “Oh, I wish I had a Gucci jacket to go with my cardboard shoes.”

3. A large group of scientists is now going to research how clouds affect climate. Well, I can help you with one thing -- I hear they cause rain.

4. Sony has removed a song from a new video game because the lyrics feature two verses from the Koran. Yeah, they wouldn’t want anyone to get riled up while playing Carjack 2008.

5. The ex-king of Nepal has been told that if he doesn’t pay his bill, his electricity will be cut off. There was no comment from Con Edison.

No comments:

Post a Comment