Thursday, October 25, 2007

10/25

1. The state police in Washington have won an award for the best-looking uniforms in the country. Which might explain why a nice cardigan and shoes can get out of a ticket there.

2. An artist dropped red dye into the Trevi Fountain in Rome, and an art critic said “we rediscovered the Fountain of Trevi thanks to that liquid.” Yes, I feel the same when they dye beer green for St. Patrick’s Day. “I have come to see you in a different light, Fine Lager. No longer do you merely represent vomiting in my own bed. Now, you are a symbol of harmony with Mother Nature.” In fact, I was so inspired over and over again by the green beer, that I decided to dye the snow in my front yard yellow.

3. A woman in New York found a famous million-dollar painting in the garbage on the street. Part of the sale will go to paying fines, because the painting is now technically recycling, and they didn’t put it in the right color bag.

4. Two dating artists in Croatia broke up, and being apparently totally crazy, decided to turn their break-up into art. They travel around and ask people to contribute objects from failed relationships. If my ex ever contributed something, I think it should be… my soul. No, I mean the sole of my shoe. She gnawed it off as I was going out the door.

5. A digital scan of the Mona Lisa shows that she originally had eyebrows and eyelashes. In the end, Leonardo apparently preferred Smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment