Wednesday, December 31, 2008

12/31

1. In Naples, Italy, hundreds of women have joined a protest against illegal fireworks by refusing to have sex with their men. Now, what makes me think some women are doing this for reasons other than illegal fireworks? “I don’t have to sleep with my disgusting husband? Sign me up.” If they didn’t have to sleep with their husbands, some women would join a protest against chocolate.

2. Well, it’s New Year’s Eve, which means thousands of people will be gathering in Times Square to watch the stock market drop.

3. In India, a long proud tradition of extravagant facial hair is dying out, even among the women

4. The Bush Administration has recently been trying to negotiate peace between Israel and Palestine. You know, this reminds me of a kid trying to make up for bad grades with extra credit. I’m sure Bush had a lot of experience with that. “Hey, what if I do something in Kazakhstan? Will I get better polls then?”

5. Scientists have now flown a passenger airplane partially with fuel made from vegetable oil. Now, if they could just get them to fly on honey-roasted peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment